On this page, you'll find opportunities to participate in research studies at UARC. Generally, this means that you'll be asked to use a website, application, or device, and provide feedback on it (the product is being evaluated, not the participant).
Older Adults Website Usability Study
To Participate: Please complete our Eligibility Questionnaire if you are interested in participating.
- When: Sessions are currently being scheduled for January through late February, 2020
- Eligible Participants
- Older Adults who are Blind: 60+ years of age, blind (both eyes), use VoiceOver on an iPad, use the Internet regularly
- Older Adults with Low Vision: 60+ years of age, low vision (have 20/70 to 20/200 vision, after correction, if applicable), use VoiceOver on an iPad, use the Internet regularly
- Older Adults who are Deaf: 60+ years of age, deaf (bilateral hearing loss), use an iPad, use the Internet regularly
- Older Adults who are Hard of Hearing: 60+ years of age, hard of hearing (bilateral hearing loss), use an iPad, use the Internet regularly
- Study/Task: Give feedback on a website using an iPad in a one-on-one session
- Compensation: $75 for a 90-minute session
- Where: Michigan State University, Kellogg Center, 219 S. Harrison Rd., East Lansing, MI (parking passes will be provided for participants). Other potential locations include Ann Arbor, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, and Mount Pleasant, etc.
- Contact Sarah Swierenga (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a session or for more information. Please include your email or phone number and best time to reach you.