MSU Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting (UARC) partners with researchers on grants and projects that involve digital technologies and systems, providing expertise to ensure that technology complies with legal accessibility requirements and to ensure that interventions don't fail due to usability oversights.
- Grant products (and other technologies developed at MSU) are generally required to meet specific ADA requirements for individuals with disabilities.
- Interventions involving technology can fail to have an effect or have a reduced effect due to interfaces or designs that users have difficulty with.
Common Research Activities
- Research projects involving websites, mobile apps, and software
- Online/remote usability studies, focus groups, and surveys to evaluate user needs
- Generate design requirements and determine the effectiveness of a website or application
- Evaluate compliance with grant requirements regarding the accessibility of websites, applications, documents, and other project deliverables