You are invited to participate in our fifth survey of the
MSU community regarding Internet and technology usage. This five-minute
anonymous survey will provide you with the opportunity to tell us how
you use technology and which features and technologies the university
should target in the future. Individuals must be 18 years or older to
participate in this survey, and all responses are voluntary.
more information, please contact Graham L. Pierce, Assistant Director,
MSU Usability/Accessibility Research and Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Are you a Michigan State University alumnus? *[Required]
2. Which of the following best describes your current relationship with Michigan State University? (Check all that apply.) *[Required]
3. Which of the following best describes your international status? *[Required]
4. Where do you live during the academic year? *[Required]
5. Rate your level of expertise with the following:
6. Rate your usage of the following:
Which of the following do you regularly use to access official MSU
sites and pages (including social media)? (Check all that apply.)
8. How satisfied are you with official msu.edu sites and pages?
9. How satisfied are you with MSU's online presence, outside of msu.edu (e.g., social media)?
10. How often do you access official msu.edu sites and pages from a mobile device?
11. How often do you access official MSU social media content from a mobile device?
12. What social media sites do you regularly use? (Check all that apply; leave blank if none.)
What sites do you regularly use to follow or engage with official MSU
social media accounts/groups? (Check all that apply; leave blank if
14. What online activities related to MSU do you regularly engage in? (Check all that apply; leave blank if none.)
15. How often do you have difficulty determining whether you are
using official MSU sites and pages (including social media)?
16. Rate the importance of having MSU provide easy access to the following information on mobile devices.
17. To what degree should MSU classes rely on or make use of online content?
How should it be used?
To what degree should MSU encourage the use of mobile devices during
classes (e.g., in the classroom while lectures are going on) to
facilitate discussions, conduct quizzes, etc.
How should they be used?
Do you have any disabilities or impairments that have any impact on
your use of computers or mobile devices (including vision, hearing,
physical/dexterity, learning, reading, and cognitive impairments, etc.)?
[Optional] If yes, what disabilities impact your use of computers or mobile devices?